Part Time, 30 hrs/week
The maintenance technician is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain property to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives in a safe manner.
Please note that the essential job functions listed here are not all-inclusive, rather they indicate the types of activities normally performed by this position and, therefore, may be modified and revised. Other duties may be required and assigned from time-to-time.
* Diagnose and perform the maintenance and repairs of commercial spaces, as well as common areas and exterior grounds, including preventative maintenance, cleaning, carpentry, interior/exterior painting, drywall repair, masonry/cement work, and cleaning and landscaping.
* Overall upkeep of interior and exterior of building including ordering and restocking supplies, disinfecting high-touch surfaces including door handles, sink faucets, bathroom stall doors handle, wipe down the railings on the stairs, etc.
* Always strive to improve the overall quality of the property and tenant experience.
* Work closely with the Management Team and service providers to timely address work orders.
* Foster a positive work environment.
* Able to work full-time, 5 days per week between Tuesday through Sunday.
* Able to take after-hours calls.
* Plumbing, mechanical, electrical knowledge a plus.
* Have use of a car and willing to drive for work.
* Must be comfortable using computers, smartphones and internet.
* Self-starter who sees projects through to completion.
* Enjoys multitasking within a high-paced, high-demand environment.
* Professional and calm when talking to team members and tenants.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Physical demands commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, climb, lift, push, pull, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, handle, write and operate standard office equipment and telephone. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 60+ pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Respond to service requests within 24 hours.Go onsite and diagnose/fix the problem. If it’s a non-emergency and you can’t make it within 24 hours, email the date and time you will be there.
* Close work orders within 72 hours after it is entered.If a part is ordered and will take longer than 3 days, put notes into Appfolio and advise tenants when the parts will arrive. Provide details regarding the repair when closing out work order.
* Proactive approach to observe, identify and address preventative maintenance issues
* Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
* Maintain positive relationships with tenants suppliers, vendors, and others serving the property.
* Clear communication with property manager:
What is the issue
What is the solution
What vendor have we contacted
Scope and Compensation Package
Approx. 30 hours per week.
Salary commensurate with level of experience.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org